Monday, April 4, 2011

The Loathsome Lexicon

I'm sure there are plenty of you out there with words or phrases that irk you.  I certainly do, and so for my entertainment (and to see if anyone shares my dislikes), I've compiled a list of words and phrases that make me want to vomit.  Feel free to add to this loathsome list.
  • Hubby
  • Just joshing you
  • Humdinger
  • Overuse of the word "like"
  • Squash
  • Fartblossom
  • Dumpling
  • Fabulous
  • Saying "That's hilarious" when it really only induces a chuckle or two--I'll explain this one.  Once you say "That's hilarious" about something that is really only a tiny bit funny, you've basically limited yourself verbally.  The next time you see something that's truly hilarious, what will you say?  That's right, nothing.  People tend to overuse superlatives all the time and it's rather irritating...anyways...
  • Umpteenth
  • Cougar
  • News articles that mention the "secret" to something (e.g. Weight loss, ripped body, etc.)
  • Calling me "Bro" when I'm not your mother fuckin' brother.
  • Referring to women as "bitches", regardless of whether it's an appropriate title or not.
  • Explaining obsession with kids as "Well, I just love my children!"  No shit, Sherlock.  Big fuckin' whoop, you love your children.  You're supposed to love your children.  You want an attaboy cookie or something?
  • Tinkle
  • Rural--and no, it's not because I can't say it! *shifty eyes*
  • omg and actually saying "omg" aloud because you're too lazy to speak like a normal person
  • PIN number...if you can't figure out why that phrase sucks, then you suck.
  • ATM machine--See above.
  • FedEx Express.
      I do realize that some of these are closer to pet peeves than words, but they include words and phrases so it counts.  That concludes the list for now, but there will almost certainly be a part two...and perhaps a Lovely Lexicon as well, full of words and phrases I do like, just to prove that I'm not completely grouchy.

No comments:

Post a Comment