Wednesday, May 25, 2011

I Pine to Play

I love games.  I really do.  It's what I'm really good at.  Possibly what I'm best at, but that sounds pathetic.  I've always had a natural talent for ass-kickery online.  I've played a lot of video games, from text-based ones to RPGs and FPS..s.  I'd say action shooters and role playing games are tied for my favorite.  Two games that I was destined for were World of Warcraft and Battlefield 2, but I've done well on all Battlefield games.

  On World of Warcraft I played as a night elf druid, Chameleond (don't mind the 'd', it was a mistake) on the Greymane server.  If you know me, give a shout :D  Man, I loved that.  I lived for PvP, but I was one of the few players that enjoyed the sport of battling other players respectfully rather than "OOOO just pwnd ur ass noob! QQ 2 yo mama! I's so 1337! i friggin whuped yo ass even though i ganked u while pickin' herbs and i had 2 uther guys with me! u gotta suck so much."

  But I won't deny, I was goooood.  I inspired some of the people I fought in battlegrounds to make druids, that's how good.  What I really enjoyed was not only the fighting, but meeting the good players and discussing strategy.  This human mage named Yomshlom was probably one of the best players I've ever met on WoW.  He inspired me to make a mage, that's how good he was.  We first met on the battleground in the 50-59 bracket.  This was only about 12-18 months after WoW came out, before any expansions.  We made a great team and usually had to carry the rest of the team, which is why we rarely won.  Especially against the guild Stacked.  Bunch of Horde buddies had made a guild almost strictly for PvP at the time.  Even if players individually suck, if they listen to each other and work as a team, they'll usually win.  It's just how the BGs work, and I'm not talking about how I want to put on my my my my my boogie shoes, that's an acronym for Battlegrounds.  I made friends with that guild Stacked, too.  Oddly enough, one of the members was so impressed with how I almost beat him and a friend of his that he created an Alliance character so he could message me.  He was 4-5 levels higher than I was and his friend was 1 level higher(not trying to brag, it's just part of the story).  I killed him, then when I almost killed his friend, he came back from the graveyard and got me  We became great friends, and I ended up playing the Horde side, too.  I, of course, made a tauren druid.  I don't play anymore though.  I quit shortly after they announced Cataclysm.  I just got tired of Blizzard pandering to new players and making it hard for anyone to play without the best armor and weapons.

  I know this sounds very long-winded--and it is--but I really miss gaming.  I quit gaming in the harsh December of 2009--not counting online games that I can stream(puzzle games ftw)--and I really miss it.  I've tried playing Warhammer online with their endless free trial, and I do like it a good bit.  My only complaint is that the interface is pretty laggy and the combat text is too small.  It's hard to tell how much damage I'm taking and everything I do seems to have a delay.

  I'm looking forward to Battlefield 3 coming out later this year.  But until then, I may have to continue my search for a suitable game.  It will be an arduous search and I may perish, but I shall try.  I shall regain my gaming strength and return even more powerful than when I was struck down by Darth Vader!! SO HELP ME GOD!!

...Too dramatic?

No comments:

Post a Comment