Monday, May 30, 2011

Let's Sweat!

I decided to go jogging for the first time in years yesterday.  I've been building my cardio with cycling.  I can finish a 7.5 mile ride with 6-7 hills (uphill on both sides) in 35 minutes, and I'm pretty proud of that.  I figured it's time to build my bone strength with the classic-but-effective jog.  I got my athletic pants on, a nice t-shirt, my running shoes and my mp3 player and got all pumped up.  I started out with REO Speedwagon's Take it on the Run and started my jog.  Oh, hell yes, I'm kickin' this street's ass.  I feel goood!

  200 yards later...

  Oh shit...I'm going to vomit.  I can't breathe.

  Yeah...didn't even finish the first song.  I thought that all that biking would've prepared me for jogging, but I thought wrong.  I had to run inside and go all OM NOM NOM on a couple of stuffed eggs and an orange and a few glasses of water before I passed out.  Don't judge, I was going to grill and had the eggs prepared for other people, I just couldn't help myself.  I just have to try harder.  I'll go out and try to jog again when I can.  I'm sure if I combine jogging with bike riding and my pushups then I'll see my weight start to drop again.  I've lost 14 pounds since I started my plan at roughly..March 25 or some time around then.  I've been stymied at 231 though.  Things are looking up, however.  I've already lost a good bit of weight, and I feel great and have been eating well.  Just have to try a bit harder so I don't lose steam. 

  Note: The tootsie roll above is not me, but it's how I felt when I finished

No comments:

Post a Comment